Since Pebble was born I haven’t baked anything from scratch. But today I found myself in possession of two very ripe bananas, begging to be baked.
A quick google and I had a plan – these Banana and Oat Muffins (I also happened to have oats and greek yoghurt knocking about the house).
It’s been a while since I did a step-by-step recipe, so here you go:
* 2 cups (260g) self-raising flour
* 1 tsp ground cinnamon
* 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
* 1 cup (100g) rolled oats
* 1/2 cup (100g) brown sugar
* 2 eggs
* 3/4 cup (185g) plain low-fat yoghurt
* 1/4 cup (60ml) canola oil
* 2 bananas, mashed (250g)
(plus walnuts if you desire)
1. Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a 12 cup muffin pan with paper cases.
2. Sift flour, cinnamon and soda into a bowl. Empty the flour husks from the sifter back into the bowl along with the oats and brown sugar, and stir to combine.
(I added walnuts too)
3. Whisk eggs, yoghurt and oil together. Add banana and stir to combine. Pour into dry ingredients and mix together using a wooden spoon until just combined. Mixture may be lumpy and does not have to be evenly mixed.
4. Spoon mixture into paper cases.
5. Lick the bowl!!!!
6. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Moist and not to sweet with a gorgeous chewiness from the oats and walnuts. Give them a try!