NB: quantities are whatever you want them to be!approx 60-80g
dry pasta for two ppl
cherry tomatoes, chopped
parmesan cheese, grated
kalamatta olives, chopped (optional)
sundried tomato pesto
Tbspn olive oil
lean bacon, fat and rind removed, chopped
- Cook bacon in a non-stick pan until your desired texture (soft or crispy).
- Meanwhile, boil the pasta on in salted water
tip: boil the water before adding the salt, as the salt slows down the boiling process
- Toss all the ingredients together in a large bowl (or use the saucepan you boiled the pasta in to save on dishes!).
- Undo a button.
A glass of wine would be fabulous on the side, but Pebbles says no.
- I’d definitely make this again
- Fresh basil and quality parmesan are key ingredients
- This bowl was mostly pasta underneath. The two leftover serves got the most bacon, tomato, olive mix, but that means more yum to come!
- Please don’t try this at home if you are allergic to NUTS! Try these nut-free pesto recipes instead:
Nut Free Pesto – Parents Connect
Classic Pistou – FoodandWine.com