39 weeks today, and feeling pretty good, all things considered! Some things I’m noticing right now are:
- my hair is back to the same awesomeness of early pregnancy – no hair falling out, and hardly needs a wash (once every three days!). My nails are also growing like crazy – but unfortunately so are my eyebrows!
- my fingers are all crampy, especially when I’m trying open jars or bottles. It feels like I can’t get a good grip, and when I do get a good grip it kind of hurts.
- I’m having braxton hicks quite a few times a day, nothing major, just all over tummy tightness.
- Pebble has hiccups at least once a day, sometimes I can feel them very strongly, and Mr RG can feel them too. Other times I feel them really deep inside, but not outside.
- I have a pimple! This is not ordinarily news in my world, I am prone to pimples, but when I saw one on my chest this morning I realised that I haven’t seen one anywhere on my body for MONTHS.
- my sinus-y, teary eye has FINALLY cleared up! It’s been months since it started weeping randomly, and I was constantly dabbing with a tissue. It got infected a couple of months ago, then cleared up with antibiotics but continued to weep without pain. Then last week started hurting again really badly. I put a warm flannel on it for about ten minutes and ever since then it’s all gone!
- I am increasingly uncomfortable, and very wriggly. I also have itchy skin! All over I keep getting little itches. I either have fleas or yet another quirk of pregnancy.
- The lovely reflux continues, especially a couple of hours after being asleep/laying down. I wake up with burny sickness in my throat. A couple of quickeeze and an extra pillow is enough to get my by.
- Pebble is still moving around in there, I think a little less than the last few weeks, but there are still big movements which feel like stretches. They are often felt as a hard pointy thing on my right side. I guess a bottom or an elbow? It’s back is supposed to be on my right side, and feet pushing out to the left, so I don’t think it’s a foot.